Learn the answers to the most frequently asked questions about The Manifest.
We are a business news and how-to website that compiles and analyzes practical business wisdom for innovators, entrepreneurs, and small and mid-market businesses.
We publish three main types of content:
- Data-driven benchmarks that present original survey data
- How-to guides
- Agency shortlists that help buyers identify and hire business service providers
As a sister website of Clutch, a Washington, D.C.-based B2B research, ratings, and reviews company, we feature companies on our agency shortlists that have a profile on Clutch and are ranked as Leaders or Contenders based on Clutch’s research methodology.
Clutch is a B2B research, ratings, and reviews company headquartered in the heart of Washington, D.C. Clutch connects small and medium businesses with the best-fit agencies, software, or consultants they need to tackle business challenges together and with confidence.
Clutch’s research methodology compares business service providers and software in a specific market based on verified client reviews, services offered, work quality, and market presence.
Learn more about the benefits of getting listed on Clutch.
The Manifest is a sister website of Clutch, owned by the same parent company.
The Manifest launched in February 2018, and the endeavor is an exciting step in our development as a company.
For companies listed on Clutch and actively using Clutch as a feedback loop by submitting client references, The Manifest is another opportunity to:
- Build your online reputation
- Feature your Clutch-verified reviews
- Attract qualified leads
To be featured on The Manifest, your company must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a company profile on Clutch
- Submit client references to populate your Clutch profile with verified reviews
- Be ranked as a Leader or Contender on Clutch
Learn more about how to get listed on The Manifest.
There are two main ways to improve your rank on Clutch and qualify to be featured on The Manifest:
- Submit more client references on Clutch, so our Analyst Team can learn more about your company's ability to deliver. (Review recency and the number of real, high-quality reviews affect your company's Ability to Deliver score on Clutch.)
- Highlight the 2-3 main services that you offer when selecting service lines for your Clutch profile.
Companies are featured on The Manifest's agency shortlists that correspond to how they’re ranked on Clutch.
For example, let’s say you’re an app development company that’s headquartered in New York, and your company shows up on the Top App Developers in New York agency shortlist but not the Top App Developers shortlist. In this scenario, your company ranks higher in relation to other app development companies in New York on Clutch than in relation to all app development companies on Clutch.
Showing up on an overall industry shortlist, such as top app developers or top digital marketing agencies, is more competitive, which is why we strive to create location-specific and niche market pages.
Companies featured on agency shortlists are ordered either alphabetically or by the companies Ability to Deliver Score on Clutch.
Shortlists with numbers next to the company’s name are sorted by the Clutch Ability to Deliver score, while shortlists without numbers next to the company’s name are sorted alphabetically.
A company’s Ability to Deliver score takes into account:
- Recency, number, and quality of Clutch-verified reviews published to your company profile on Clutch
- Types of clients you work with
- Services you offer and the extent of your experience providing these services
- Brand reputation and visibility in your target market