Creating quality content, working with influencers, engaging customers, and optimizing your content for mobile can help your company increase its visibility and stand out among the competition.
You must make your business visible to survive in the marketplace. This involves creating quality content, working with influencers, engaging customers, and optimizing your content for the mobile environment.
It’s not enough for your business to offer high-quality products or excellent services — people first have to know that your company exists. It’s essential to find ways to stand out if you want customers who might otherwise fall into the hands of your competitors.
Create Quality Content
Blogging has become a vital tool for businesses and provides an effective, cheap way to connect with your audience. Blogs give businesses the opportunity to show their personality — they require less formality than most business activities.
The personal nature of blogs allows you to build stronger relationships with existing customers, allowing them to engage with blog content by reading posts, leaving feedback, and sharing content. Blogs are also a great way to bring in new customers because they have the potential to reach anyone on the internet.
Here are some steps to create a successful blog post:
- Start by asking what your customers need. Your blog should be useful to them. If customers are going to take the time to read your content, they want to get something out of it. If you’re a running shoe business, for example, you could write blog posts about the benefits of interval training or how to pick a marathon coach.
- Once you have a topic, research it thoroughly. Make sure that your content is better than what’s already on the web — customers want to see something new and unique. Make your content stand out from what your competitors produce. Otherwise, why would your customers read it?
- Write in a way that is consistent with your brand. Think not just about the information you’re conveying but also how you are conveying it. Is the tone of your article consistent with your company’s image? Are you being too silly or too stuffy in your writing? Make sure your blog posts are a respectable representation of your company.
- Add eye-catching visuals. Add relevant, appealing visual elements once you're finished writing. This helps grab customers’ attention and maintain their interest.
You can drive traffic to your blog and build your company’s visibility by creating quality content.
Work With Influencers
Finding influencer allies can boost your company’s visibility. Influencers can promote your business’s products and content to their social circles, vastly expanding the reach of your message.
To find influencers, look for people who are interested in the type of products or services that your business offers. For example, if your company sells kitchen knives, you could look for chefs to work with.
There are many useful tools you can use to find influencers on social media.
- Search for influencers by keyword
- Send out personalized emails (and automated follow-ups)
- Search Twitter and Instagram
Track details on email and click engagement to determine outreach effectiveness
Tools such as these can help you identify potential influencers.
Once you’ve identified potential influencers, get to know them. Like and retweet their content and message them. Be respectful and friendly. Give them a reason to want to work with you.
Offer Incentives to Customers
Give incentives to your customers, too, and not just your influencers.
Remind customers why they should engage with your business. Try hosting contests or giveaways by providing free products or shout-outs to customers who mention your business on social media.
For example, retail shop Forever 21 ran a giveaway on Instagram where contestants had to comment about their favorite old movie, follow Forever 21 and LA Gear on Instagram, and tag two friends for a chance to win clothes.
This contest was attention-grabbing and fun, helping Forever 21 build buzz while gaining new followers.
Fun tactics like this can help you re-engage loyal customers while attracting new audiences.
Create a Mobile Strategy
It’s vital to be proactive about your mobile strategy if you want your company’s reputation to spread as quickly as possible. You can do this in two ways: by improving your mobile site and by developing mobile apps.
It’s imperative that your site is mobile-friendly, especially as more traffic shifts to mobile — now, more than half of global web traffic comes from mobile devices. Otherwise, you are driving customers away.
You can also develop apps - which increase customer engagement - to serve mobile customers. They can send notifications to customers, which helps bring customers back into the app.
Apps tend to be faster, have more features, and provide a more personalized customer experience. All of these factors increase apps’ potential to drive customer engagement.
Ensuring your mobile site is user-friendly and developing apps that would benefit your customers are two ways you can develop a winning mobile strategy.
Increase Your Company’s Visibility
To make your company more visible, you have to be willing to take risks. You have to work to create interesting blog content, build relationships with influencers, engage customers, and improve your mobile strategy.
Think carefully about what your business’s goals and values are, and make those apparent to your customers. Center everything you do around your purpose. When you do that, you project a genuine, reliable image of your brand to your customers
Most importantly, pay attention to your audience. Think carefully about what their needs and interests are. Ask yourself: What type of blog content would engage them? What type of influencers would they listen to? What type of contests or giveaways would spark their interest? Would they use a mobile app?
Once you thoroughly understand your customers' needs. By serving your customers, you serve yourself.