5 Benefits of PPC Management for Small Business
5 Benefits of PPC Management for Small Business
Advertising and marketing approaches can be a challenge for businesses, especially those that need quick results. PPC management is a fantastic options for companies looking to enhance their digital marketing efforts, and this guide will highlight just how investing in PPC will help.
PPC ads and paid ad campaigns are becoming more and more of a cornerstone in digital marketing strategy.
Why is this? Mostly because of how effective paid advertising is. Just look at customer behavior: 91% of consumers have made a purchase after seeing a relevant online ad.
With results like that, online advertising isn’t going anywhere. But, if you’re still not convinced, this guide will take you through 5 core benefits of PPC management as a key part of marketing efforts across industries.
Looking for help executing the perfect marketing campaign? Connect with a PPC marketing agency on The Manifest.
What is Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC) Management?
PPC management is the long-term strategy of establishing, adjusting, and optimizing paid advertising campaigns to make the most of ad spend and achieve the best possible ROI.
For small businesses, PPC management can be an incredibly effective way to generate leads, increase brand awareness, and ultimately drive revenue.
Unlike search engine optimization (SEO) efforts, which also focus on ranking content in Google search results, PPC campaigns are paid and can be run across search engines, social media, and other web pages.
How PPC Marketing Works
PPC management services are designed to help small businesses achieve advertising goals through smart ad placements, retargeting/remarketing, and tweaks over time.
Typically, this is what a small business PPC management process will look like:
- Consultation: The PPC management service provider will ask questions to learn about business goals, target audience, and budget. They will also analyze any existing PPC campaigns to begin finding areas for improvement.
- Keyword research: PPC teams will conduct rounds of keyword research to determine the most relevant keywords for your product or promoted service. This step ensures your ads are shown to the right people at the right time.
- Ad creation: A copywriter or content marketing specialist will craft ad copy optimized for your target keywords and audience. Depending on need, this may include text ads, display ads, or others.
- Landing page development: In addition to ad creation, you will need to create a landing page for your ad. This is a standalone web page that is built specifically for your ad campaign and can help optimize your conversions.
- Campaign setup: Service providers will work with their clients to select and activate campaigns on popular platforms such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook ads, LinkedIn, etc. Setting up campaigns includes defining ad groups, setting targeting options, and configuring bid strategies.
- Tracking and monitoring: Once the campaign is set, providers will introduce monitoring tools to measure the effectiveness of your campaigns. This will include tracking clicks, conversions, and other KPIs.
- Optimization: Based on the data collected from tracking and monitoring, iterations and A/B testing can now take place to optimize performance. Optimization activities could involve remarketing, retargeting, adjusting bids, testing new ad copy, etc.
- Reporting: Throughout the iterative process, PPC teams keep their finger on the pulse of key metrics and report them out to stakeholders, so everyone understands the impact of allocated ad spend.
Overall, PPC management service providers work to aid small businesses in achieving advertising goals. Small businesses can benefit from expert guidance, advanced tools and technology, and ongoing support to achieve the best possible results from their advertising spend.
5 Benefits of PPC Management as a Small Business Marketing Strategy
There are multitude of ways a PPC agency or freelancer can make a difference for small businesses. Here are just a few ways PPC management benefits align with small biz priorities:
- Cost-effective advertising option
- Targeted advertising capabilities
- Measurable results
- Speedy results
- Flexibility and iteration possibilities
1. Cost-Effective Advertising
PPC advertising is cost-effective, especially for small businesses with limited budgets. Studies show PPC often has a 200% ROI.
As a company, you’ll choose the ad groups and the bid amount you’re willing to pay each time a user clicks on your ad. The budget you set will dictate the number of terms you can bid for and how much you’ll spend per click on an ad.
Keeping your strategy iterative is key to saving money on PPC campaigns. Your ROI will reflect the relevance of your ads and the keywords you’re targeting. If something isn’t giving you the ROI you were expecting, you can make adjustments to keyword selection based on what is working well.
Unlike other forms of marketing, PPC management allows you to set a daily budget and only pay when someone clicks on your ad, making it a highly cost-effective form of advertising for those who pay close attention to their performance.
Unlike traditional advertising, where you pay upfront and hope for a return on investment, PPC advertising only pays when someone takes action.
2. Targeted Advertising
PPC management allows you to target your ads to specific audiences based on a wide variety of identifiers, including:
- Demographics (age, gender, race, income, etc.)
Businesses can also practice precise ad targeting by implementing tools such as keywords, negative keywords, and ad scheduling.
For small businesses with a good grasp of who their audience is, this should be very welcome information. With targeting, you can make sure your ads are only shown to the people most likely to be interested in your products or services, making your advertising spend more efficient.
Additional reading: ‘What is targeted advertising [with Examples]’
3. Measurable Results
One of the greatest benefits of PPC advertising is that you can track and measure the results of your campaigns. This means you can see which ads drive the most clicks, which keywords perform best, and how much revenue your campaigns generate.
What’s more is that companies are able to track their results in real time using popular paid advertising platforms. You can rest assured that you always have the most updated information.
With this data, you can make informed decisions about optimizing your campaigns and allocating your advertising budget.
4. Fast Results
Unlike other forms of advertising, such as SEO, which can take months to see results, PPC advertising can generate fast results.
With PPC management, you can set up and launch a campaign within a few hours and start seeing conversion rates increase, website traffic boosts, and brand awareness-related results almost immediately.
Once you’ve launched the campaign, your content will begin appearing at the top of search engine results for target keywords, drawing more potential customers to your landing pages and websites.
This can be especially beneficial for small businesses needing to quickly generate leads, sales, or brand recognition. Being able to get results early means that you’ll more quickly be able to reach longer-term goals as well.
5. Flexibility and Iteration Possibilities
PPC advertising is highly flexible, and with PPC management, you can adjust your campaigns as needed to achieve the best possible results. You can change your ad copy, adjust your budget, and test different landing pages to see what works best. This flexibility allows small businesses to optimize their campaigns and maximize their advertising spend.
With cost-effective advertising, targeted advertising, measurable results, fast results, and flexibility, PPC advertising offers small businesses a highly effective way to reach their target audience and achieve their business goals.
PPC Strategy Takes Digital Marketing to The Next Level
Between quick results and impressive ROI, it isn’t difficult to see ways that PPC could make a big impact on a business. While getting started with paid advertising isn’t the most inviting because of upfront costs, a PPC strategy or working with experts will make more than a solid return on your investment.
From Facebook Ads to search ads, find the best PPC agencies on The Manifest.