43% of marketers use social media management software to coordinate their social media strategies. Use this roundup to choose the best social media tool for your small business.
Automation makes the complex task of social media management, well – manageable.
A robust social media presence is increasingly key to marketing success. Yet, social media marketing remains little understood. Social media management software allows businesses to enhance their workflows and optimize their social media campaigns, making this complex task easier.
According to a recent report, 43% of marketers use social media management software to coordinate their social media efforts.
Your choice of platform will depend on your marketing goals and the functionality needed to accomplish them. From content creation to scheduling to analytics, each tool offers a unique set of features.
Two types of social media management tools exist:
- Content management tools help to improve workflow, team collaboration, and content scheduling.
- Campaign orchestration tools help to monitor followers, competitors and optimize content performance.
The first type of software focuses on productivity, while the second focuses on customer experience. Many of the leading platforms offer overlapping functionality, while some are more narrow in their use. Fortunately, each software gives you a free trial period.
This post outlines the features, benefits, and pricing for five top social media management softwares:
- Sprout Social
1. Sprout Social is Powerful, Potentially Expensive(Source)
Sprout Social is a comprehensive platform for marketing and managing your business on social media. A robust suite of features enables you to execute, track, and optimize your social media strategy with key data from all social networks. Meanwhile, the multi-user collaboration tools help you expand your team’s potential.
You can monitor all your social activity from the slick dashboard interface. Create and schedule content, then gather real-time insights with tools like social listening, competitor monitoring, and sentiment analysis.
Conversion tracking and analytics help you to refine your engagement strategy and identify your most valuable content. The tailored reporting capabilities and collaborative workflows make it easy to share relevant data with key stakeholders.
Sprout Social is great for those who need to execute data-driven social media campaigns for multiple channels and teams.
- Easy to use
- Built-in customer relationship management system (CRM)
- Digital Asset Library helps with content generation
- Workflow management features
- Advanced reporting features
- “Discovery” feature to optimize your following
- Scheduling functionality
- Keyword monitoring and social listening
- Per seat pricing can be expensive for teams
- Social listening can be expensive, per user
- No integration with YouTube and Pinterest
- Lacks group publishing to Facebook and LinkedIn
- Premium: $99/user/month, includes 10 social profiles
- Corporate: $149/user/month, includes 15 social profiles
- Enterprise: $249/user/month, includes 20 social profiles
2. AgoraPulse is Feature Rich, Takes Time to Learn(Source)
AgoraPulse helps you to publish, schedule, and track content performance on social media. More than a social content management system, this is an all-in-one tool for audience engagement, monitoring, and reporting.
Look to the social media inbox to peruse and manage your social interactions across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. You can create custom reports for the big three networks, then export them to PowerPoint and share with stakeholders.
Content publishing is as simple – just preview, categorize, and post. The evergreen content system saves time by recycling your best content on a schedule. Interactive features like contests and promotions give you options in how you drive engagement. Features like ad monitoring, social listening, and team workflows help to make this a full-funnel solution for any strategy.
AgoraPulse is great for businesses on a budget or agencies who need multiple administrative accounts.
- Intuitive content publishing and calendar feature
- Social inbox feature simplifies account management, allows for task delegation
- Dynamic reporting for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram with key metrics
- Controlled access per user
- Identify most active users
- Competitive pricing
- Conversation history by user profile
- Exporting functionality to Powerpoint
- Steep learning curve for features
- $49/month: 3 accounts, one user
- $99/month: 10 accounts, three users
- $199/month: 25 accounts, six users
3. Buffer Schedules Content, That’s It(Source)
Buffer is a content scheduling platform that helps you manage multiple social profiles. The sleek dashboard lets you post and customize content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Google+ with ease.
Look to the content calendar for a wide-angle view of your content strategy, then refine your efforts with analytics. You’ll receive recommendations for optimal times to post based on your past performance. You can even browse the internet while working via Google Chrome extensions, helping you create and curate great content with efficiency.
Buffer is a user-friendly content scheduler that’s otherwise short on features. It’s suited to those with linear social media needs and a minimal budget (check out the free option).
- Easy to use
- Built-in link shortener
- Content analytics
- Optimizes content to mobile users
- Integrates with Feedly, CoSchedule, etc. to aid content creation and curation
- Customize posts to each social platform
- Limited to content publishing, doesn’t offer monitoring or statistics
- No way to automatically republish evergreen content
- Free: 3 social accounts, zero added users, 10 scheduled posts
- $15/month: 8 social accounts, zero added users, 100 scheduled posts
- $99/month: 25 social accounts, 5 added users, 2000 scheduled posts
- $199/month: 50 social accounts, 10 added users, 2000 scheduled posts
- $399/month: 150 social accounts, 25 added users, 2000 scheduled posts
4. monday is Efficient, Cheap Social Media Management
monday is a social media collaboration tool with a unique visual interface. One glance provides an understanding of task completion by user, project, and timeline. This intuitive user experience, alongside the project management functionality, makes it easy to plan, coordinate and manage your team’s social media efforts.
Private and shared Kanban boards help your team collaborate while eliminating email chains. Facilitate content creation with customizable templates and cooperative writing and editing features. You can set milestones, track your resource usage, and asses your content’s performance with social media monitoring.
Ultimately, monday is a streamlined and affordable tool for businesses looking to manage their social media operation.
- Intuitive visual interface
- Integrates with Trello, Slack, Asana
- Supports Agile methodologies
- Kanban boards and Gantt charts
- Two-factor authentication
- 24/7 support
- Social media monitoring
- Customer support could be faster
- Visualization can be slow to respond when creating a new project
- Price set by storage and user needs
- 5 users: $25/month, 5 GB of storage
- 10 users: $79/month, 10 GB of storage
- 15 users: $119/moth, 50 GB of storage
5. Oktopost Offers B2B Functionality at Scale(Source)
Oktopost is a social media management platform that focuses on lead generation. Designed for B2B, it equips marketers with the tools needed to drive and measure campaign ROI. It’s best used to coordinate, measure, and integrate data from multiple social teams and channels.
The unique “employee advocacy” feature lets you leverage employee tweets as social content. Track and aggregate these messages as part of a campaign to increase your reach and generate engagement.
You can bolster content production with interactive features like landing page builders, sweepstakes, contests, and customizable templates. Integrations with leading marketing automation platforms lets you gather key data and optimize strategies for best results.
Oktopost is ideal for large B2B organizations seeking a single platform for multi-channel engagement and optimization.
- Customizable content designs and template for a bespoke brand presence
- “Advocacy board” features lets employees promote brands via work accounts
- Integrates with Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce, etc. for conversion tracking
- Integrates with Feedly to enable content curation
- Auto-posting for bulk uploads, plus faster message creation and scheduling
- Social monitoring and analytics allow for campaign segmentation
- Advanced metrics
- Steep learning curve, especially in navigation
- Can’t track Twitter mentions, only retweets
- Doesn’t accommodate Instagram
- Doesn’t allow posting the same status to multiple networks at once
- Basic software: $10-100/month, call for quote
- Advanced software: $500-$1000/month, call for quote
Which Social Media Software Should You Use?
Your ideal choice of social media management software will depend upon features and functionality.
Ask yourself – “What does my social media strategy need to succeed? – and proceed from there.